Rise Early Learning Group
Rise Early Learning, Rise Early Learning Charmhaven, Rise Early Learning Orange and Rise Early Learning Epping Road
The Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles
· Surfers Paradise Child Care Pty Ltd ACN 609 079 487 as trustee for Surfers Paradise Child Care Trust ABN 87 605 101 476
· Rise Orange Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 650 249 755
· Rise Charmhaven Holdings Pty Ltd ACN 651 313 521
· Rise Employment Pty Ltd ACN 653 126 213
· Rise Early Learning Pty Ltd ACN 609 079 263
· North Ryde Child Care Pty Ltd ACN 161 450 504 as trustee for North Ryde Child Care Trust ABN 44 532 149 065
Rise Early Learning values the privacy of personal information and is committed to providing a high level of privacy to our clients in relation to the personal information collected from them.
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the “Act”). The APPs set standards to be met in the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information.
Additionally, in general, we automatically gather information such as the numbers and frequency of visits to the Website. This data is gathered for the purpose of assisting us to improve the delivery of the Services to you. We may also provide statistical data (non-personal data) to our partners and advisors about visitor use of the Website. We gather this data through your IP address and cookies.
Personal information we collect
We may collect and/or hold the following personal information (not including sensitive information):
· contact information such as name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers and date of birth for you and others including children you mention when using the Website;
· We also may collect and/or hold the following sensitive information:
· information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs or criminal record.
Why we collect personal information
We collect, hold and use personal information to enable us to:
· market or promote our services directly to individuals;
· process payments;
· resolve a complaint;
· provide further information about a service;
· develop and identify products and services that may interest clients;
· promote, administer and use our respective products and services.
We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information (“secondary purpose”).
If you would like more information about the services and products that we offer, please contact us via the details provided on our website.
Your personal information will only be collected, held, used and/or disclosed for the primary purpose of collection. If the information is not provided, we may not be able to provide the services or products requested. We may use personal information for a secondary purpose only if permitted by the APPs.
How we collect and hold personal information
We hold all personal information gathered from this website as electronic data in our software or systems.
Any personal information which is no longer required for us to fulfil the primary purpose of collection of the personal information will be destroyed or de-identified in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Disclosure of personal information
We have a duty to maintain the confidentiality of our customers’ affairs. This includes keeping our customers’ personal information confidential. Our duty of confidentiality applies except where we have consent to disclose personal information, the disclosure is permitted under the APPs or is compelled by law.
We disclose personal information to necessary third parties, who assist us to provide, manage and administer our services and products.
We disclose personal information to third parties in India and the Philippines to assist us to provide, manage and administer our services and products.
Security of personal information
We endeavour to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We aim to achieve this through:
· imposing confidentiality requirements on our employees;
· implementing policies in relation to document storage security;
· implementing security measures to govern access to our systems;
· only providing access to personal information once proper identification has been given;
controlling access to our premises; and
· implementing website protection measures.
Access to personal information and seeking correction
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will, on request, provide you with access to your personal information or update or correct your personal information, unless the APPs provide an exception to us granting your request.
Your request for access to your personal information or to update or correct your personal information will be dealt with by the Privacy Officer as soon as reasonably practicable. If we deny your request, we will provide you with a written notice detailing reasons for the refusal and the process for making a complaint about the refusal to grant your request.
Where your request for access is accepted, we will provide you with access to your personal information in a manner as requested by you, providing it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
Upon accepting a request for correction of your personal information, we will take all steps that are reasonable in the circumstances, having regard to the purpose for which your personal information is held, to correct your personal information.
Complain about a breach of the APPs
Upon receiving such a complaint, the issue will be considered by our Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably possible, but not more than 30 days from receiving the complaint.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to be resolved.
How to contact us
If you wish to:
· gain access to your personal information;
· make a complaint about a breach of your privacy;
· contact us with a query about how your personal information is collected or used;
You can speak directly with our staff who will do their best to try to resolve your issue as simply as possible. Alternatively, you can write to us or send us an email so that our Privacy Officer can consider the matter. We will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible.
Our contact details are as follows:
Phone: +61 1300 928 228
Privacy Officer Contact: Mel Comerford
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Level 2, Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre, 3240 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
For more information on privacy see the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au.